Okie my first presentation on ethnic fractionalization is over. Yipppezzz. Now i can pack my bags to go Holland tomorrow. Really looking forward to that. There are so many places i wanna go and there is so little time. The modules i am taking are really hard, quantitative research. I am hoping to learn new techniques of research and bring back new ideas back to NUS. The academic life here is quite different from NUS, seminars are very interactive and alot of ideas sprouting out from discussions. The professor Schneider is a well renowned scholar in EU, and apparently he is very intense and passionate about his research. I have to refer back to the PS 2101 module. I have forgotten how to do a research design paper. Here, they are doing alot of quantitative studies but in Spore we concentrate too much on qualitative studies. I am still very uncomfortable facing all the statistics, but i strive on and learn thru mistakes, i guess.
I haven been keeping up with the news in Spore and it was quite a shock to read about the opening of the casinos. And so i am right the government has given the green light towards this "newest tourist attraction". I have no idea abt the parliamentray debates but i thot opening two casinos is stretching a bit too far. What signals are Spore sending?? All of a sudden we are opening two casinos- is it a sign that we are a more open and cosmopolitan society? Opening one casino may mean that we are adding a tourist attraction, but two casinos seem to be implying we are changing our development direction and even culture. I wanna look at the conclusion of the feedback exercise. What tilts the balance and gave the final motivation in giving the green light. Wat do u guys think?? And update me abt the discussions going on.
And i have to add that i am having intense cravings for tao hui beancurd for the past few days...very miserable.... and i haven eaten seafood since i came. Sobbbbzzzz
ANd 2 nites back i stayed up to listen to Class 95. And it felt very homely to listen to Glenn and the Flying Dutchman after days of listening to incomprehensible German DJ. Hee Class 95 rocks !!! I miss Rod Monterio on air though....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yiting, i wish i am there with you.. then we can go travel and eat all sorts of food.. sheesh, just take me away from singapore man.. hicks.. have fun in holland!! come back with more photos!!! =)
Post a Comment